Friday, November 16, 2012

Equine Paintings in "My Favorite Things" Steep Rock Benefit

The Parade Team at Pasture
Previously shown at The Old West Museum, Cheyenne, WY
18 x 24, Oil
 
In case wishes are horses, I'm including these two equine paintings in "My Favorite Things" Steep Rock benefit show.

The big Percherons ("The Parade Team at Rest") motivated me to paint them because they represent comfortable relationships of all kinds. They've been a team at work and leisure, and obviously enjoy each other's company.

"Riders on a Hilltop" sprang from my love of being outdoors in a beautiful countryside.
I liked this particular autumn day for the atmosphere in the receding hills, and the juxtaposition of big gray horse with the lighter boned paint.

The Percheron painting has been my personal Facebook profile picture for a long time, and I have used "Riders on a Hilltop" as my profile pic onTwitter and Linkedin.


Riders on a Hilltop
8 x 10, Oil

No comments: